What are Facility Condition Assessments
Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) provide a targeted approach to managing the repair and upkeep of your facility. They can be used as input to Asset Management or as a standalone service to determine the condition of a particular facility. FCA can provide an owner with:
- Due diligence for building acquisition or disposal
- Asset Management condition ratings
- Documentation of major deficiencies of the systems in a facility and a correction plan and cost
- An understanding of the remaining useful life of the facility components
- An estimate of capital expenditures required to maximize the lifecycle expectations of a building
How We Do Assessments
RPM Consulting offers extensive experience in all types of facilities including emergency services facilities, ice arenas, aquatic facilities, office buildings, airport terminal buildings, maintenance facilities and storage buildings.
RPM Consulting uses a systematic approach to inspecting and assessing the condition of our clients’ facilities. We complete a non-invasive assessment of the building and the associated site to identify major deficiencies, evaluate the expected useful life of the building components & systems and identify any need for major replacement or rehabilitation. The assessments are conducted using procedures and methods that follow generally accepted industry practices based upon American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard E2018-08, “Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments. Baseline Property Condition Assessment Process” and National Research Council Canada (NRC) Protocols for Building Condition Assessment.